Sunday 9 February 2014

Well its been a while again! But a lot has been happening. I've been waiting to get back the camera which had the puppet tests Bee and I filmed on the 6th of February. We only really ended up with one take as it got late, we were trying some more complex set and lighting stuff. Here it is:

I also have some good/bad news. The bad news is we will have to shelve this show for the time being, the good news is we are shelving it because we have a commission to do a show for a school! It will be my first bit of paid puppetry work so its pretty exciting. They are asking for two 20 minute shows, each for 200 children.

For this one I want two bring in two Japanese folk characters, Ashinaga and Tenaga (or long legs and long arms)


In other news I attended Green Ginger's 'An Introduction to Puppetry Manipulation with Chris Pirie' on Sunday. It was a fabulous workshop and I would recommend attending any of Chris's workshops, having also attended his Trash Hack workshop last year. Tomorrow morning (well at about 10am today) I will be starting my residency at Puppet place where I will be renting studio space till the 18th. I feel honored to be able to work along side Green ginger in the workshop, as well as Rusty Squid and Pickled Image, who are all producers of superb puppets and puppet shows. I'll make sure to keep posting about my experiences there over the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment