Sunday 12 January 2014

I did some playing around with the head. I might go for pliers rather than scissors for the jaw mechanism. The way the scissors close means they are very visible when the mouth is open.
The scissors do hold potential though, if you had paper characters attack a puppet with a scissor mouth..

I have attempted to emulate the way I drew the character, with the eyes both on one side like a flounder. I'm keen on this look but it could potentially cause some challenges (how would she look to the left?) perhaps a set of eyes on both sides? It may be possible to make a mechanism to switch the eyes between different sides of the head.

The arms.. I don't like, they don't flow well and I'm not sure this material suits the character. I might see what can be done with foam, but these will do for testing on Thursday, I should focus on getting the legs done instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment