Tuesday 7 January 2014

Took the Comb Guy to work today for the kids to play with and they loved it! This is going to be a good way for me to watch how my puppets move and function from an audience standpoint, I'll definitely get them testing a few more for me. I was pleased with how durable it was (although I'll look into bolting the control rods into the arms and replacing the internals of the head with wood. Quite a number of the children took turns operating it in pairs and in threes and a lot of spontaneous little sequences sprung up. One group even rehearsed a sequence to show their parents. It involved the puppet pushing a pencil around on a table and accidently dropping it off the edge of the table. Upon cautiously peering over the table a giant (child's) hand sprung up and surprised it, making it fall over backwards. They also experimented with having the puppet move about in inventive ways, such as crawling, jumping and walking on its hands. I'm looking forward to seeing how much further I can integrate puppetry into the sessions, there are certainly some talented little performers getting a lot out of it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment