Wednesday 15 January 2014

I took a headless 3 player Bunraku bottle puppet into work on Monday for the children to play with, they had a great time thinking up different sorts of head it could have, and making their own  from lego and card. They even tried making the body itself into a face, using features drawn on masking tape. They had fun having him 'eat' crayons by putting them into the neck hole until his body filled up, and then he would tip over and 'vomit' them all out! We did some more serious focused puppetry looking at breathing, running and jumping. Some requests I got back where glue on the bolts in some key areas to stop them loosening, and a new head. This is what I have been working on this morning.

I've frankensteined on the head from the extending puppet to the body. I think it suits. I put some bottoms on the feet to reinforce them and give them some weight, they were super basic before.


Its rough build, but the idea of this guy is really just to make a 'crash test puppet' for lack of a better term! Throw him in the mill and see what falls off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment