Thursday 23 January 2014

This evening I will be going and visiting the rehearsal space at KG Doodles with Bee Dawes which should be useful.
I am working on a deal with the owner whereby we can get some free rental of the space to rehearse in exchange for some illustration/promotional design work that I will be doing for her playcenter. Its a great big space and the large mirrored wall should be a useful aid when rehearsing. As I see it at the moment we will probably be looking to use it for rehearsal by late Feb/early March.

I've done a few more sketches of the comb guys exploring various ideas. I've also been working on a 'mark II' of the closing hand. I'll get some images of it up soon.

On Monday I recorded an audioblog about the Phillipe Genty show I saw last Sunday. Unfortunately I have been having problems with my internet connection, so I am not able to put the audioblog up yet (this is also why there have been so few blog entries this week).

Whilst in London I also met up with an old friend, Ben Jones who is hoping to come and spend a few days in Bristol making puppets with me in the near future. He showed me a plan for a puppet with luminous movable eyes which he had devised, the mechanism he came up with was rather ingenious and hopefully we will have a go at realising it.

Thats it for now, more updates soon


No comments:

Post a Comment